Friday, April 27, 2012

Help - facial skin discolouration!?

I've noticed over the last month or six weeks that the skin on my top lip is starting to look noticeably darker than the rest of my face (I'm a fair-skinned white person, by the way). I thought I might have facial hair, so to rule that out I tried hair removal and bleaching, and neither of these have affected the way the skin looks. It's the sort of grey colour you might get underneath your eyes when you haven't had much sleep, and I have no idea what to do to get ride of it? Anyone had similar? If so, what did you do? Any good beauty tips or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.



Help - facial skin discolouration!?

Ask advice from a dermatologist but my friend used a product called Night bright and day bright by Dermalogica which contain bearberry, it can help with pigmentation and are both hydroqinone free (which is toxic and also banned in the eu)



Help - facial skin discolouration!?

i have the same problem! im asian and i notice that area of my face is darker then the rest of the face........... no solutions yet though..... lol



Help - facial skin discolouration!?

Im sorry I do not know how to get rid of this but I would highly suggest Age Rewind foundation it works excedingly well for under your eyes so i would imagine it will do the same for you :)



Help - facial skin discolouration!?

Your skin may be showing signs of stress. Bleaching is a terrible idea, because it involves destroying pigments by oxidizing them and free radicals is BAD stress. Some types of skin will react to stress by producing even more melanin so bleaching may worsen the problem. Don't try hydroquinone either, because your skin is likely to react in the same way to this chemical.



My suggestion (and it may not work) is to avoid stressing your skin by avoiding exposure to UV (the sun or tanning salons), and stressful chemicals. Try instead "nursing" your skin by giving it nutrients: sea kelp bioferment, natural active peptides plus a chemical (a vitamin) that can help with skin dullness: niacinamide.



Good luck and best wishes



Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment